Friday, June 22, 2012

Reflection. :)


I honestly can't believe 9 months had passed just like that. It seems like it was just yesterday when I first stepped into this whole new world. I can still conjure up the whirlpool of emotions I felt that time. There were excitement, anxiousness and also happiness, tinged with sadness. My parents did not stay very long with me and I was left to fend for myself. I remember wondering whether I could fit in well in this foreign land, if all the matsallehs would be welcoming haha! All my worries are proven wrong :)


 Clifton Suspension Bridge. Bristol's iconic landmark!

I pass by this area everyday on the way to my lectures. :) I'm so jelly of the law students for getting that nice tall building on the left! The medical buildings are so ugly -_-

Tomorrow, I am moving out of my hall.  I remember I felt so lucky to receive a comfortably sized room and was even looking forward to decorate and making it my own. Sadly, the most I did to my walls was pasting lists of horrendously long drug names -_-That's the limit of the creative side of my brain, le sigh.  Guess I can't be the next Leonardo da vinchi.


Goodbye Goldney Hall ! Thanks for all the memories!


I will never forget this lovely scenery.

I guess the thing that I love most is my freedom. Most of the shops and restaurants here are within a walking distance so I can go to everywhere my feet can bring me. I'll probably be most restricted in Malaysia since I can't drive -_-  My probational licence expired last week and it dawned on me that the only time I drove properly was during the driving exam LOL. Everyone say that driving is like cycling. Once you learn the skill, you can pick it up very easily. But the problem is, I can't even cycle LOL. Good game, indeed.

I feel really glad too that I met so many friends and even people from different parts of the world. I'm still awkward around new people but I'm working on it. I gotta thank everyone for being so patient with me haha! Thanks to them, I didn't really get homesick like some I heard who cried everyday and had to be sent home LOL. why so serious?! chillax lah





















To be honest, I still don't feel like a university student. When I was a little kid, university students seem so grown up to me and the idea of me becoming one was too far in the future. Although I am one now, it still feels very surreal, as if I'm living in a dream. I've always wanted to become a doctor ever since I was in kindergarden. Don't ask me why, I'm honestly not sure what exactly sparked the interest of the 6 year old me. Probably it's the hong kong medical dramas my grandmother used to watch every afternoon. haha!

I'm going to hit the big 20 this year I'M SO OLD I'M GETTING WRINKLES. (I can imagine my mom say, eh, if you old then I'm what? LOL)  It's time for me to step into the adult world and break free from my comfortable cocoon. Sigh, part of me don't want to and part of me is eager for my own independence. I guess it's time for me to buck up and  'run this motha word' like Beyonce' preached. LOL

Not everything is rainbows and unicorns though. I struggled a lot with the massive amount of new things to learn. It came to the point where I was just blindly memorizing as much as I can without understanding it properly because there simply wasn't enough time. I was doing okay in my studies before university so it was quite a blow to my self esteem when I did not score as good as I expected. I turned from someone who always tried to score the highest to someone who is just satisfied with a pass. You can sense from my previous posts that I was feeling helpless. hahahaha.  But I guess it's something I have to get used to and I'm trying my best to cope! :) The key is to stay positive! :D


 I think I mentioned this thousand of times but I feel grateful too that I have the opportunity to pursue my ambiton. My course is definitely one of the most expensive course and not to mention the high living cost. I really want to thank my parents for giving so much encouragement. Never once did they ever pressured me to pursue medicine (although many people thought so since it's an Asian thing LOL) and my mom even told me that it's okay if I can't cope and it's fine if I want to pursue other things. See how awesome are they! Wait, is it a reverse psychology? haha!! Anyway, thanks a lot dad and mom, you both mean the world to me :) 

So, that's the end of my stay here in Bristol! I'm really looking forward to the glorious summer holidays back in my lovely country. The best of all, I'm going to see my family tomorrow in London!! Reunited after 9 months woohoo! We'll be travelling around so I won't update so often till I'm back.


Forgive my horrible eyebags. I slept without pillows and duvets last night and woke up at least 10 times LOL. ANYWAY, peace out yo! :D

Have a great holiday everyone!

Till then,
pikee.

2 comments:

Summer spring love said...

Hi Pik Ee!How are you?Just drop by and say hello!Anyway, you look great with the little red frock you wore!

sumin

pikee said...

Hi Su Min !! I'm great thanks! how bout you? (: love your blog btw and your outfits! :D