Friday, November 27, 2015

It's already 2015?!

Hello..?

Wow, I honestly can't believe that the last time I updated was 22 June 2012! It's really scary how three years have gone by so quickly.In fact, it's already the end of November and we'll be saying hello to 2016 very soon. In fact, I'll be turning 23 years old this December; 2 years more to a quarter of a century LOL.

It's been such a long time since I've written properly like this. My writing skills are really rusty now and I noticed that it's taking me longer to articulate my thoughts. So, do pardon my bad grammar and vocabulary.

GOSH, I was reading my old posts and I was cringing so so badly at all the stupid things I've written. How did people even find them entertaining last time?! God knows. I was so tempted to delete a few posts but I couldn't bear to. It was after all a memory of who I was once upon a time. It's also really nostalgic to relive some of the things I been through. I actually forgot so many things that happened so I'm really glad I documented them.

Out of curiosity, I checked my blog stats and I was really baffled that there are still people visiting my blog! I have no idea if it's intentional or if it's just an accidental stumble; nevertheless, it's still feel good that there are people out there who know my humble little domain.

I don't know why I suddenly stopped blogging. I remember I used to love penning down my thoughts and sharing the pictures I took. I remember feeling really happy whenever my friends told me that they read my latest post and how funny it is. I guess I had the luxury of time back then.

But, it's not like I'm really free now also fml. It's actually one of the busiest time of my life but I don't know why I suddenly felt like blogging. Maybe I'm just finding a way to procrastinate and to avoid cleaning my room (which is a disgraceful mess) hahaha

Anyway, I guess I should give a little update since there's like a huge time jump from then and now.
I'm currently a final year medical student! To be honest, I still can't believe it. When I was in my first year, I thought the fifths year are all so grown up and that they know everything.

 Well, I'm definitely older now but I know absolutely nothing. In fact, I'm still as clueless as ever hahaha!

To be honest, it still feels a bit surreal that I'm almost halfway through the year and that I'll be graduating in July 2016. It feels so quick and yet slow at the same time considering that most of my friends are working now. Gosh, I don't even want to think about working. It's just such a huge leap from being a mere medical student to a full fledged doctor with tons of responsibilities. It's scary and intimidating to know that I will be making decisions for people who trust me despite me being a complete stranger to them.

It is certainly a privilege to have people trusting me enough to tell me things that they normally keep to themselves. I find myself humbled so many times by the journey that patients went through. That's one of the many reasons why I love medicine. It's dynamic, exciting and has a very special human touch that no other occupation have. Despite the neverending work and stress, I still find myself grateful that I'm in this field.

Nevertheless, all that glitters is not gold. In fact, I have a good story to tell!

The other day, I was switching on my laptop waiting for my computer to load. Usually I don't bother shutting down, I just put it in sleep mode so I don't have to wait for it to load. #impatient But I did it this time because it was lagging like crazy so I decided to let it rest.

Anyway, while it was taking its time to load, this picture suddenly appeared.


I was like WOW! Since when I had this picture?  Then, I suddenly remembered that it was a picture I took 2 years ago when I was in Slovenia with my friends. Lake Bled is one of the most beautiful place I've been to.

So while I was sitting there trying to figure out why it suddenly appeared, this popped up.


LOL HAHA! It's my desktop background all along!

Does anyone do this too?! I have such a bad habit of saving everything to my desktop and not bothering to organise them in folders afterwards. I hope I didn't give a heart attack to any OCDs out there haha.

But that really made me really think. Those documents are the assignments I did over the years and somehow they obscured the picture. I realized that I've been so consumed with medicine that I can't see what's in front of me sometimes. I kind of stopped pursing many interests like reading, literature, piano, photography and blogging. Heck, I struggle to keep in touch with my family and friends many times.

When I'm engrossed in something, I tend to forget about everything else. It can be quite unhealthy habit; for example in medicine where it's basically neverending lol. It's really easy to be trapped and to lose sight of other things that are equally important. So, that's when I realize that maybe I should take a step back once in a while and have a breather.

Haha, maybe this is why I suddenly got the urge to revive this blog.

Anyway, I think I rambled way too much. I started writing without any plan at all. So, I'm quite surprised at some of the things I've written above because I have no idea that I'm feeling this way now. That's why I love writing, it can be really therapeutic and it often helps me to disentangle my thoughts.

I really hope I will continue this! Hopefully, I'll find the time to update once a week. If not, I'll see you in 2018? haha!

Till then
Pikee




1 comment:

Dandelion said...

Hello, just thought I’d leave a comment. Was looking for an easy kim Gary cheese baked rice recipe and stumbled upon your post.

It’s been ages since I last read a blog post (we usually get recipes from recipe sites now lol) and seeing yours made me reminisce my blogging days too. Taking pictures, uploading to computer, typing essays and captioning the pictures...those were the days!

Every time I stumble upon old blog posts while googling something, I have a habit of clicking onto the blog homepage to see if the owner is still updating. And true enough yours displayed the sad trend of the few years gap before the final post. And that’s in 2015, we’re now is 2021!

I wonder where are you now, what you’re doing. Hopefully enjoying being a doctor somewhere, saving patients. In this pandemic, I hope you’re well and safe.

If you somehow receive this message/comment and would like to connect, look me up on Instagram (if you have it haha) @rainydaysandbubblete

Take care, pikee :)