Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Goldney Ball 2012 :D


I had such an awesome time during the Goldney Ball ! I heard that it is a very popular tradition and is a must go event. Even my personal tutor recommended me to go and he graduated about 10 years ago LOL.  

Let's start off with a vanity shot of myself LOL.


AHEM, I'm actually very humble cause I resized this picture as large instead of extra large. LOL. I am proud to say that my complete outfit only costed me 9.50 pounds. haha!

I stole that dress from my sister who wore it for Chinese New Year two years ago, the necklace was a gift, and the biggest deal of all, high heels for 5 pounds! RM 25 for a pair of high heels is such a good deal ! I felt like crying with happiness when I received the parcel :D 




I got this flower in H&M for 3 pounds! It's a bit pricey but considering how much I saved, I can splurge more. Besides, I'll be keeping this for a very long time so if you divide the price by the amount of years, it's quite a good deal !! If I pass this down to one of my grandchildren, it'll be even more worth it !! *cheap

The remaining 1.50 pounds is for the lipgloss which has a rather nice colour :)

This is how, ladies and gentleman, you save money for a ball. LOL

I loveee dressing up and putting on makeup! I've been practicing to draw eyeliner on my single eye lids (and been made fun of) It's honestly pretty difficult cause I have to draw really thick for it to be obvious. Haih, I guess I should get some double eyelid stickers next time!





The dinner menu. The food looks SO delicious right. I was salivating, thank god nothing dripped LOL.

I sat in a table of 7 with some very nice friends :)


 Lizzie and Jonnie :)



Alex who is technically in a spot light! haha :)



Nina, who has been mentioned in my blog for 1390843 times and Matt  :)




Starters! To be honest, I was not very used to the taste haha! I've only ate bread with jam and butter, not with pesto, oil or mozarella cheese balls. But at least I tried it ! :)



Alex in agony when she failed to open the wine bottle. haha! 



Roasted hake with cream sauce along with mash, greens and carrots. It was pretty yummy! But, I still prefer the creamy mash served in Nando's. It is heavenly good! I had a large serving this afternoon :D


Wild mushroom risotto. It was surprisingly good ! I shall order it if I saw it in a menu next time :)



One of the best desserts I tasted in my entire life. True story LOL

I love the popping candy which is true to its name, popped in your mouth! Weird but nice sensation. The dark chocolate was smooth and rich but not sickeningly sweet! Waaaaa, now I'm craving for another helping and I don't think I can find this anywhere else :(

 Happy with the dessert ! :)



We met (the fake) Katy Perry! :D She was pretty good actually !

We danced and sang along to her songs which was fun! I manage to embarrass myself with my old cool sixties moves so all is good LOL.


The whole place was illuminated with pretty lights! The garden looked so beautiful that night :)



There were marquees all over the place and inside different things were going on. The one we entered had a life band where everyone grooved to the music. The other one had shisha and we also found an AWESOME photobooth!

Two super gorgeous ladies! :)

HAHA, we look short LOL. Bad angle, Lizzie :P


There was a box with wigs, hats, helmets that we could wear in the photobooth! Insanely awesome or what?



EPIC FAIL HAHA!! Look at nina's face! It was obvious she was caught off guard. LOL. Alex was missing in 3/4 of the pictures hahahaha

It was so hilarious! It took us 5 tries to finally get it right. We had to get the positions, timing and angles right omg, someone please give us a Nobel prize! We had to enter the photobooth discreetly without drawing suspicion for entering too many times. Thank god for the wigs. HAHA


TADAH! :D I LOVE this picture so much, it's going into my scrapbook :)


We went to a fire show which was really good ! I always wondered how on earthy they managed to do tricks like this without getting burned. hmmm. 

I also noticed that they shaved their arm and armpit hair !! They probably don't want their armpits to catch fire LOL okay, too much information. Let's move on.





 The queue for the silent disco which we skipped cause we were exhausted. Basically, everyone brings their own headphones and music and just danced to according to their own beats. I've always wondered what happens when you get a slow song. Your partner will be pumping their fists in the air or head banging or whatever while you are pulling off  the swan lake moves. LOL so weird right?

THE END.

LOL.

Thanks to everyone for making this night awesome and also to the committee who made this night a success! cheers!

Till then,
pikee

No comments: