Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bibimbap for noobs!

During the last Easter holidays, I made one of my favourite dishes! :)


It looked pretty edible considering it was my first attempt.

As you can see, it's really an improvised version. It's difficult to find kimchi here so that is a slight bummer but thank god my aunt bought me the very essential gochugang sauce (hot pepper paste) when she came to visit. :)

Surprisingly, it's extremely easy. I'm not kidding. If a noob cook like me could whip up this dish, so can everyone seriously.

The recipe I found online calls for sugar but I didn't add any cause I'm not used to adding sugar into my dishes. I'm scared of diabetes LOL.

Ingredients

1) Spinach
2) Minced Pork
3) Egg
4) Shittake mushroom
5) Carrot
6) Bean sprouts.
7) Garlic
8) Rice

I honestly can't be bothered with the exact measurements cause I was too lazy and hungry. LOL.  Ok, I'm probably the most unorganized cook ever. hahaha. But, just cook according to how hungry you are and which ingredients you like best. Like, if I hate carrots, obviously I wouldn't cook as much as the bean sprouts that I like.

Sauces
1) Gochugang
2) Sesame oil
3) Light soya sauce


STEPS.

1) Cook rice!
2) Marinate the minced pork with sesame oil, soy sauce, black pepper and a pinch of salt.
3) Get a plate to arrange all your ingredients prettily so you can snap loads of pictures to show off. LOL. (but I don't know where mine went to so I can't show off. T_T )
4) Chop up a few cloves of garlic.

For the platter

5) Rinse and boil your bean sprouts for about 10 minutes or so. Remove them and mix with sesame oil, light soy sauce, garlic and a pinch of salt.
6) Slice shittake mushroom thinly and saute it for a minute with vegetable oil, then add soy sauce and sesame oil.
7) Boil spinach for about a minute. Then, rinse it with cold water and squeeze lightly. Mix well with pinch of salt, sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic.
8) Slice carrot thinly into strips and stir fry it for a couple of minutes. Make sure they're still crunchy
9) Heat up the pan, stir fry some garlic and the meat.

10) Prepare the egg sunny side up.
I find this step the hardest actually LOL. It took me two attempts to get this done. I failed the first time because I messed up the yolk and the second time was I overcooked it.
So, just break the egg SLOWLY, cook it till the white is completely cooked and it's done!

Arrange everything prettily in a bowl and add the yummy sauce..(don't forget your rice ok)

It tasted SOOO good. The variety of textures and flavors go so well together, it was like rainbows and unicorns in my mouth LOL.  The only thing is, this dish is rather time consuming but it's really simple to make, I don't see how you can go wrong. If you did, tell me and I'll give you a banana as a compensation cause I bought too many LOL

Remember to take shitloads of pictures, choose the nicest picture and post on facebook to show off. LOL

SO that's it folks!

Till then,
pikee

No comments: