Sunday, April 1, 2012

I miss you.



If I can have one wish now, I wish that you would never leave and the end would never come. I think you don't know how much you mean to me since we hardly speak, apart from the usual polite greetings. As a kid, I admired you very much and always trying to seek for your attention. In the morning, I like to watch you in the garden, working your magic and watch as the flowers slowly bloom under your nurturing. I remember the lovely morning glories and my favourite bright yellow sunflowers. I remember when you used to drive us to the market in the morning and bring us eat dimsum in the old restaurant with the roof made of zinc. I don't know if you notice, but I find the way you washed the teacups and poured tea fascinating, you do it in a very meticulous way. Perhaps it's due to your traditional Chinese upbringing. I like bringing your dinner up in the tray, with the dishes arranged in small plates with the must have soy sauce to your room in the evenings. For a 6 year old kid, carrying a heavy tray up the stairs was an incredulous feat. hahahaha. But sometimes you would be too preoccupied with your calligraphy to notice that I was there. And when you did, you smiled and offered me a mango jelly you keep chilled in the tiny fridge at the corner of your room. Do you know sometimes I would linger around on purpose to watch you create those marvelous artworks?Though I couldn't read Chinese, I can see the tenacity and passion you put into each strokes on the calligraphy rolls that you hung so proudly on the walls at home.

Now that you're gone, regrets overwhelmed me. I should have called back more often to talk to you more but it's sometimes very difficult to see you staring at me blankly and asking who am I.It hurts. Don't you remember? You said you would like to see me graduate long ago, so why didn't you wait? I guess you were in too much pain and the only thing you can do is to let go. I don't blame you but still, I was looking forward to see you and bring you out for a meal when I return in the summer.

You were a man of few words, but your actions speak louder than words. You will always be one of the greatest man I ever know and as I'm typing this, I'm wishing so hard that I can see you once again but I know it's impossible.

Goodbye and I love you very much.

No comments: