Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cheese baked rice.. SUCCESS!

YEY! Finally I know how to make my favourite cheese baked rice! :)

Back in Malaysia, my sister and I would often go to Kim Gary's for their awesome pork chop cheese baked rice. I always wanted to try to cook it but I thought it's too difficult.

But turns out it's pretty simple, even a lousy cook like me can do it. :D

I got the recipe from here

To be honest, I don't really follow recipes 100% cause I'm too lazy to go and measure everything. So, I mostly rely on my instinct and also how hungry I am. LOL.



I think that's basically all you need. Rice, chicken breast, button mushrooms, mushroom soup, garlic, salt, pepper and ham ( i added ham cause I bought too many and I want to finish it LOL)

 Wash the rice! 

 Melt some butter in a wok/saucepan. Don't wait till the butter turn too brown or not it'll smell burnt. 

 Stir-fry the sliced button mushrooms. 

 Add in the chicken diced in cubes which are pre-seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook till the surfaces turn white.

Then, add the washed rice and stir them all together

 Then, dump everything in the rice cooker along with a few pieces of garlic. 
I know it looks yucky but when it's cooked, it smells really good!

 Dump everything in a baking tray. Spread generously some uncooked mushroom soup on top and top them with mozzarella cheese. I didn't put cheddar cheese cause I'm not a big fan of it. I only like mozzarella actually.

Pop it into a preheated oven. The recipe said 20-25 minutes but mine is done in about 15 minutes so do check out frequently if the cheese is melted and slightly browned. 

 TADAH! :D


 YUMSS!! Soft and gooey inside and crunchy on the sides!

The great thing is, it's also quite cheap to make. I counted it's about 2.30 pounds to make everything! So cheap right. and the portion is enough for lunch and dinner. So it's about 1.15 pounds per meal. LOL

No wonder all the restaurants can open so many franchise. We've been ripped off!

Happy baking everyone!!

Till then,
pikee

3 comments:

yenkidenki said...

like like! Going to try it next week. Yummmy~

yenkidenki said...

and so funny weih! the chicken you bought got security protection. LOL to the max!

pikee said...

:D try it and post it on your blog and let me see! :D
HAHA! didn't even notice that security thing. LOL